View Single Post
Unread 12/09/2007, 04:58 PM   #17
King-Kong
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Devtech
thank so much for ur input kong, umm yea the skimmer isnt so great.. im actually thinking of ordering a Tunze Nano since the skimmer in the back and the tunze are basically the same exact size.

your right with the filter sock there isnt a great place for it. I was hoping for a thriving SPS heavy tank, but i was to do some zoo and mushroom coverage for the bottom floor making the tank floor.

as u can see the rubble in the picture with the LR in it all of it clumps up in the front left corner.. but theres still a nice clump the back left. im thinking another koralia 3 for the right side and i will be good with flow or maybe getting 2 #4's.
Upgraded skimmer sounds like a good idea.

Use those return lines to keep the back portion of your structure detritus-free. If you have to extend them with more loc line, then do it.

Try to maximize your flow and minimize how many pumps you need to do it.

Sometimes that may mean removing live rock, as well.

Consider what your tank would look like with small frags all grown out. You may find that your structure will get hidden by all of them, and itll just look like a wall of coral.

Thin out the rock structure some, only use pointy rocks for the base (not flat pieces), and maximize that flow.

King-Kong is offline   Reply With Quote