View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2005, 08:59 AM   #14
sidewinder770
Registered Member

Thanks all- I'll be sure to post some updated pictures when I have some. I should be getting my stand from the powdercoaters Thursday or Friday.

Jimsmowen- Feel free to use my design- wait till its back from the powdercoater and it will look better. Obviously the steel prices could be drastically different since you are in Australia but for 1.5" square tube .090 it cost $1.29 per foot. If you went to .120 guage it was $1.76 per foot but I think the .090 was plenty. It's really not much more than wood if you can weld it yourself- and it's a lot stonger, probably lighter as well. My whole setup with the stand, canopy, and connecting pieces is about 280-300 Lbs. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the offer to help Dave- I just may need it as it will be fun moving the 470Lb tank into place. I think a friend of mine is getting a piano dolly so that should help- still need at least 4 people I think. With any luck it will be on the stand in its permanent home this weekend.

Current Tank Info: Currently between tanks- previous tank was the June 2007 Tank of the month.
sidewinder770 is offline   Reply With Quote