View Single Post
Unread 08/02/2017, 07:43 PM   #2503
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westreef View Post
I have visited Acadia National Park twice when my kids were teenagers long time ago. I wish I could live around there -- so beautiful!

Enjoy your vacation.
Thanks, Bernie. I've never been up that far north in Maine. Before we had kids, my wife and I visited the desert of Maine which is actually a true sandy desert and then we did some coastal camping. It was really beautiful. And really cool to see the desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucantwin View Post
I must say I have been wanting to read your entire thread for a while now but the 100 pages always seemed daunting to me. Well over the past couple weeks I have read every page and you have been through quit a journey. I am glad things are turning around for you and maybe you will once again be happy with the tank like you use to be.

I haven't seen you mention an issue with cyano in about 20 pages, lol. Are you still dealing with it?
WOW!! my hat is off to you, sir!! I am very very humbled that you read through my entire thread. That is no small accomplishment!!
When my tank is doing well and I am feeling as though I am making positive changes and seeing the results, I am always happy with my tank and generally happy. But when it all goes sour, the tank is one big chore. Right now, I am anxious to get home and have a look at things.
I just had my tank sitter text me a pic of the tank and it seems to be doing fine.
I cannot remember the last time I had even a hint of cyano in the tank. Must be over a year, maybe a year and a half. The last time I had cyano, I did a red slime remover treatment and it never came back.
It's funny.. I always talk about system stability and aiming for consistency in maintenance but when I think about the past 3 ish years, it's really been one big experimentation with an alk crash here, a tank leak there, cyano outbreak or whatever..
There are so many methods of successfully keeping a reef, I guess I've been fooling around a lot trying a few different methods out.. winning at some and losing at some.. I hope to and want to keep on my current path of using the cheato to keep n low and hopefull keep p low as well, continue with the prodibio and added fluorine/iodine/aminos/vitamins..
I have done so many different things over the last few years and lost some really beautiful corals. Some I know I cannot replace.. I've caused many to go dormant and they may never wake up.
I'm liking what is happening right now, though so I am going to try to get a system in place that I can stick to....... famous last words.....
Again, I thank you for taking the enormous amount of time to go through the entire thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Hi Matt

Do you remember we planned to see each other in Maine. It was in a couple of posts. Unfortunately this week I am in Florida enjoying my granddaughter and using for the first time the new house here. We got a house nearby my son. The greatgrandpa's (my parents) enjoy the greatgrandoughter and stay out of the Mass winter. My parents are now babysitting my tanks, dogs and parrots.

The story of the key was a nice one and don't pay attention to those horror stories of Maine ( LOL ). The coasts of Maine are very pretty.

Could be next year, if we aren't in vacation at the same time, I can do the drive and meet for a beer in Maine.

Cheers and enjoy the "free tank days " LOL.

Daniel
Hey Dan, yes I remember, it was quite a while ago! hopefully, one day our paths will cross and we can shake hands and have a beer. That would be great!
Yes the scariest thing about the house we are staying at right now, are the wild turkeys who make a couple visits to our backyard each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shih87 View Post
Enjoy your vocation, Matt.

The entire tank look fantastic and thanks for reply me your tank nutrition level timely.
Thanks! Any time, always happy to answer any questions.

Here's an iPhone pano shot I took today of the kids and our dog on the beach at low(ish) tide..

I'll be back in montreal on Saturday to eyeball the tank in person.. I'm a homebody.. can't wait.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote