View Single Post
Unread 04/19/2016, 10:32 AM   #121
FarmerTy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
That's better.
Have you noticed any new colour tones to the corals with the t5s?
C+, b+ and purple + must have really warmed things up but also added a bit of pop.
I saw the biggest improvement in warm tones when I swapped the 10k, red, and green diodes in the LED fixtures to 3.5k warm white. I saw an explosion of purple, more natural looking greens, and hints of orange/red/yellow return to my system.

While too soon to say anything with the T5s yet as its only been 2 days, I at least observed immediately that it didn't reverse any of the color improvement from the diode swap and most importantly to me, it brightened the display and filled in all the shadows. I hope that it will improve coloration as well on my reds/oranges/yellows.

Interesting note, after burning under the additional T5s for two days, when the T5s went off and it was just LEDs for the last hour, the tank looked amazing. I'm not sure if that's just visual perception but going from the ultra bright to a dimmer version with shadow detail allowed me to see better contrast visually between the different colors. Either way, the improvement just by switching the LED diodes had me fall in love with the look already and the T5s were just a bonus.

Sorry if the pic looks so blue but it definitely is not. Perfect crisp white like you normally see with a T5 or MH fixture.

FarmerTy is offline   Reply With Quote