View Single Post
Unread 02/01/2016, 08:00 PM   #2917
taricha
Registered Member

Mixed news from the battle front today.
My tiny beakers proved their worth and I discarded them. The "green tea" treated beaker, I could find no living dinos - the untreated, still majority dinos.
In the larger scale test (1 gal.) the dinos are still present, but mixed with all kinds of micro life. It's approximately following the path of the tiny beakers test, so yesterday I began the skimmer "green tea" treatment directly in the tank.
I added the second treatment today.

Bad news:
Even after two of the "green tea" treatments (delivered pumps-off directly to sand bed over dinos) and 24 hours elapsed, samples from the dino sections show almost pure dinos - no signs of micro life disrupting their environment.

Obviously, to keep it to scale with other tests I would have needed to add like 10-20 gallons of skimmate "green tea" instead of the 400ml doses I put in. So that is not possible. I'm thinking I should have siphoned thoroughly first to help the ratios.

Other bad news, slight dino dusting has made it to the rocks.

Good news, green algae is actually growing on the glass, and pods are popping up. More sunlight would help speed it up, but we won't get that tomorrow.

taricha is offline   Reply With Quote