View Single Post
Unread 08/02/2014, 06:39 AM   #305
Aquarist007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknut View Post
Right now only using 600 ml of EcoBAK pellets, and a skimmer they are sitting at:

NO3 is 4 (Red Sea)

PO4 is zero - 0.00 with Hanna Phosphate, and 1 ppb using the Hanna ULR Phosphorus. This was around 0.02-0.04 last week, the drop to undetectable has just been in the last few days.

That PO4 worries me a bit being so low as I'm afraid this will start damaging my SPS corals, so normally I would bump up my feeding, but with the dinos, I'm not sure what to do?

Based on recommendations of a few other reefers local to me (Arizona, USA) I was planning to start increasing my alk number closer to 10 or 11, but with the pellets keeping my nutrients that low, I will end up burning up my SPS corals. So, I can take the pellets offline and let the nutrients rise a bit, and bump up the alk number, but not sure what approach is best honestly to fight the dinos: higher alk, or lower nutrients?
I would suggest water changes then to bring down the nitrate level and leave the phosphate level alone. With low phosphate levels carbon dosing won't be affective anyways

Current Tank Info: 150gal long mixed reef, 90gal sump, 60 gal refugium with 200 lbs live rock
Aquarist007 is offline   Reply With Quote