View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2012, 05:27 AM   #7
hvacman250
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownfishSushi View Post
what type of lighting are you using? how much water do you keep in the 10 gallon?

can we see a picture of your setup?

adding chemicals is a very bad idea. stability is more important. it's better to have them in poor parent water then to be playing around with the parameters.

they can live for 2-3 days off the yolk. it's not starvation and it's not transfer damage. it's definitely something you are doing.
Remember, they are dying overnight within 8-10 hours of hatch. That automatically eliminates lighting/food. Lights out are at 10pm. I typically do dark until 7 am, but have done a blue small CFL in the center of the room as a moonlight with no change.

I dont have any pictures at the moment, but my setup is the same as 80% of everybody elses. 10g with 5-6 g starting out. 50w heater and airstone. Tile with eggs. I can almost guarantee you its not the set-up. Like I said, I can raise 150 fry/hatch to sellable size just like every other novice you see on this board; I want to raise 5-700 per hatch.

Sushi, google "MPD, first night death syndrome". Apparantly other breeders are plagued by it as well.

Current Tank Info: 220 in-wall reef, clownfish breeding/growout system, 20L coral QT and 29 fish QT
hvacman250 is offline   Reply With Quote