View Single Post
Unread 05/09/2012, 09:50 PM   #23
hvacman250
Registered Member

I think mine is a parent issue, but I didnt get to experiment this hatch. The idiots laid 2 days after hatching. I thought it was 3 (which is what they have been doing when I have mass die-off quick), so I went to pull the eggs tonight and they must have hatched last night.

So after an 8 day hatch, they laid 2 days later. Maybe them not waiting the full 6 days to lay after hatching is turning up poor quality eggs. Maybe the energy to hatch is wiping them out? Pure speculation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip316 View Post
Are you having the trouble with the same pair of clowns or different pairs?

I am having the same trouble with my gsm, tomatoes and I think my Darwin's as well. I would get about 90% death like you hvac. I feed mine very well too. I have my own recipe and I do use squid too. I keep a low watt bulb on for 3 days also and same mass death Happening. I do bleach my tanks out after each use and I rinse with vinegar and water after that to clean lit the residue. I don't feed or tint till next morning either unless I am up anxiously waiting for them to hatch. I think is glorious to see them hatch. Like I am 8 all over opening all my transformers I got from Santa!!
Sushi I am gonna send you a pm. Hope you figure it out and if I find out I will drop you a line. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 220 in-wall reef, clownfish breeding/growout system, 20L coral QT and 29 fish QT
hvacman250 is offline   Reply With Quote