View Single Post
Unread 10/01/2015, 06:06 PM   #13
Wally.B
Registered Member

I'm all ears. Always willing to listen to advice for consideration. Anything to get Zoa Patches into my tank.

Right now I'll watch the Zoa's in the sump, but what makes me lean toward a lighting burn (due to improper acclimation), are these two evidence pictures below.

This Utter Chaos Zoa was 1 polyp. It has multiplied to 7 after a few months. (That never happended before in previous tank setup)

These are the burned Zoa's after 1 day in sump (I now took all out of tank). TWO-THREE are still shocked, but the others doing pretty good.
- Today I put a few drops of PolyLab (Poly-Booster) into the tray, and saw them open up more, right in front of my eyes.

I definitely will be considering a UV Sterilizer When/If I ever get fish..
I just spoke with ORA this week. They will be releasing CaptiveBred (pellet eating) Madarin Fish in about 6 months (after 2 years of waiting).
I plan on getting a pair for this tank. Maybe even two pairs if things work out with first pair.

BTW. If anyone in interested in this TANKS Custom Lighting Canopy Build. One of my best written threads is right here.
Tells the whole story about the Velvet, Tank Tear Down, and Rebuilds.
★Ultimate DIY Lighting Canopy★ (T5,Kessil, T5 Dimmable, LED, LED) Combo: THE JOURNEY

Last edited by Wally.B; 09/06/2017 at 07:54 AM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote