Thread: ammonia in QT
View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2017, 06:17 AM   #1
Neptune 555
Registered Member

ammonia in QT

I am doing TT in a 10 gallon tank with two wrasses, flame angel, blue spotted puffer. I have pvc and I added a pile of coral rubble from my sump very aged. I also added 7 day old filter pad...(likely not seeded long enough to help?). I have a powerhead and a air bubbler to help with flow and Oxygen levels with so many fish

Knowing that my tank is heavily stocked I added bacteria (microbacter) and dosed with an ammonia remover (Erase-CL).

ARGGHHH my ammonia alert badge showed ammonia 20 hours into the TT. I think it was at .25. I added more ammonia remover and now it shows 0.

MY QUESTIONS Please:
* What damage has been done by it going to .25 for a few hours all fish are alive for now?
* Can I keep dosing Ammonia remover (erase-CL) for the next 48 hours until I do my TT?
* Will using OLD tank water from my DT help? My DT is 2 floors lower then my QT and honestly carrying the buckets is very heavy for me.

Thanks
Neptune

**Power went out 2 weeks ago in DT. Fish had no heat or circulation for 2 days. Coral Beauty died BUT all other fish pulled through blue hippo tang included and not one spot of Ich. TT and QT does work!

Neptune 555 is offline   Reply With Quote