View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2018, 07:54 PM   #1
Skep18
Registered Member

Newb Bought a 210 gallon and have never Reef'ed b4...

Hey. Just posting here as after some time thinking and talking it over with the SO, I've decided to go ahead and get a saltwater tank going. Not wanting a house full of equipment and tanks from which I would upgrade from, I just went all in and bought the bigger tank that I expect to remain happy with.

I'm not completely new to either aquariums or salt water. I used to have smaller tanks some 10+ years ago. I stopped at a 45 gallon puffer tank where I had 3 figure 8 puffers in brackish water IIRC. Also, while in college I briefly worked at a LFS which sold livestock and supplies as well as serviced tanks locally. I didn't know then I would one day be interested in saltwater but nonetheless, I do have some learning experiences from that.

All in all, I ordered a 210 gallon tank from Custom Aquariums (aka Lifetime Aquariums [i think?]). It's going to take a few months to deliver, which is OK as I am definitely not in a hurry on this. I have been doing a ton of reading and have reached a lot of "Ah-hah" moments only to later be revised to, "Wait, what???" thoughts. Seems like the more I learn the more I find out is a common misconception or has no consensus.

Anyways, I thought I would start this and post info as I go on. Hopefully if I do something stupid, someone with experience can jump in and tell me before I get too far.

Skep18 is offline   Reply With Quote