View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Reeferhead
Recovering Reef Addict

Reeferhead's 150DD Build

Only pic I have at the moment I'll have a lot more as this thing progresses

So I'm back from training Ft. Benning and started working on this thing. I spent the day in the crawl space reinforcing the floor and in the attic running electrical. The floor probably would have been OK without the steel floor jacks I added but I (and more importantly Beth) will sleep easier knowing they're holding this thing in place. I ran two dedicated 20 amp GFI protected circuits.

This tank will be mainly SPS but I'm going to move everything from my current setup temporarily so I can tear it down and reset it up as a Jawfish species tank with most of my softies.

Right now I'm working on a shopping list and would like your input on any of my equipment listed below:

Controller:
My current APEX (may need to buy another EB8)

Return Pump:
Reeflo Dart (plan on splitting it to feed a GFO and carbon reactor as well as my current 1/10th hp Chiller)

Skimmer:
Super Reef Octopus XP 3000 Cone Internal

Lighting:
My current two 250 watt DE Reef Optics III Pendants w/ 14k Phoenix bulbs plus two 36" 4 bulb ATI Power Modules (unsure on t5 bulbs yet)

Hood Fans:
The ATIs have built in fans plus I'm going to add 3-4 4" NB-Mult****** case fans on the pushing through the right side of the hood and pushing out the ventilation slats on top

Circulation:
My two current MP40Ws plus thinking of adding a WB or 2 more Vortechs. I want to get a nice resonant standing wave and have a nice circular current running around the single LR island I have planned

Ca/Alk/MG:
3 BRS Dosers hooked up to my APEX and pulling from reservoirs in my laundry room (about 25' away but only a few feet of head)

GFO and Carbon:
BRS Dual Reactor

Sump and CDP Tank:
Undecided on whether to go with two 20 longs or have something acrylic custom built

Heaters:
2 Eheim Jager 300 watt on APEX

Topoff:
Level Loc unit gravity fed from my current 10 gallon reservoir (may need to bump this up to a 20)

CDP Tank Lighting:
undecided, I'd like to get something comparable to what I'll be running on the main. Who make a 24" fixture with 150DE plus T-5s?

CDP Tank Circulation:
undecided, thinking about trying some kind of Gyre flow setup with a MP20

Aquascaping:
Very open, one central island. I'm going to figure out some way to lift everything up at least an inch or two above the 1" SSB I want to go with. I'm also going to turn the tank so the overflow is on the rear right corner and the Starphire front is facing the room door. The stand will stay the way it is.

Comments, suggestions? please shoot away

St. Louis Area Saltwater Hobbyists' (SLASH) Coral Donor Program (CDP)
Because, "Friends don't let friends pay $50 a polyp!"
Over 200 different corals and counting...

Current Tank Info: 352 Quintillion Gallon
Reeferhead is offline   Reply With Quote