View Single Post
Unread 03/12/2017, 01:35 PM   #1
acexotix
Registered Member

My long term build

I've been trying to get the ok from the misses to build an in wall tank in the basement. We've gone back and forth on selling the house but have decided to stay out and now I need an office to work out of my house.

I currently have a kitchen in my basement that is going to be converted to my office. As it sits now, the kitchen is separated from a bedroom by an oversized closet. The plan is to gut the kitchen, new flooring, bigger window, etc... and I want the tank to split the office from the bedroom and be visible on both sides. I need to keep sound down as much as possible. Actually, silent is the goal.

I'm leaning toward a 120 as I like the dimensions for fish swimming. I'd like to house tangs as I currently have my 29 biocube that only has a couple small fish. I plan on setting it up on a constant water change system if I can figure out the logistics of doing all of this without a dedicated fish room behind or below the tank.

Has anyone that's done something similar to what I'm planning have recommendations on things to do or things to avoid? I really don't want to get halfway into this and find out I didn't plan for something. Things I've considered are:

Space for all of the filtration
What to do to avoid humidity problems
How to design the constant water change
Use self leveler for the floor
Put the tank on its own circuit

Any other thoughts or advice? I start the gut of the existing kitchen this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acexotix is offline   Reply With Quote