View Single Post
Unread 10/17/2017, 10:05 AM   #5
jshepherd
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Leave it as it is. It will be fine. When the needle wheels are installed on the shaft, a jig is used to get it in exactly the correct position on the shaft. If its slightly too high on the shaft, it will hit the pump face when the motor powers up and potentially burn out the motor due to the friction and increased loads caused by the needle wheel hitting the face. This assuming it spins at all. If its too low, it will won't perform properly.

People sometimes get careless and drop or break their impellers. If they sold the needle wheels separately, chances are the warranty rates would be effected because people would install the wheels in the wrong position causing the scenarios above. Thus, Germany has decided against doing that. The good thing is that a couple missing pins will have no appreciable impact on the pumps performance.
Understood. It was for sure my fault. i tried to use compressed air to blow the pins out and a couple flew off. I thought about taking a few off on the other side to " balance " it but then thought that they run fine half full of crap so I left it

I really should spend some time to fine tune it.

jshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote