View Single Post
Unread 02/05/2018, 12:44 AM   #40
Misticl
Registered Member

Sorry it has been a few days. Kids and all. So on Friday I attempted to do a 50 gallon water change. That didn't happen. I did a massive vacuuming , which I'm sure I'm pulling more water than waste due to my acclamation to everything, and pulled out 25 gallons of water. That put me below the top of my live rock and was exposing some corals. So I called it good and refilled the tank with 25 gallons of newly mixed water. I probably could have fit another 5 gallons but figured it was time for bed. So I ended my water change with buffering the Mg and called it a night. I should have dosed phosphate Rx but figured everything hard been stressed out enough, so it can wait until tomorrow.

Now rewind one day. I went to the LFS and had them run a test on my water on Thursday. This is usually when i get my RO, but also an excuse for me to check out the new live stock. I never walk out empty handed. Whether it is a new addition to the tank or some fancy new dew dad. The conversation and time spent there is always top notch. So here are my stats from the last 2 tests.

1-27-18
Alk 10
PO4 .5
No3 immeasurable on API
Mg 1380
Ca 490

2-1-18 (before water change)
Alk 9.6
PO4 .75
No3 immeasurable on API but took longer to go to red and not as deep red as before
Mg 1320
Ca 455

Misticl is offline   Reply With Quote