View Single Post
Unread 05/18/2017, 10:33 AM   #7
Reeferparty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpb View Post
I just started co2 scrubbing on my tank as well. I've had the media going for one week now and the media is nearly exhausted. I'd say its about 3/4 done. I use a TLF 150 reactor for mine. The daytime PH peaks at about 8.3 and it drops to 8.0 at night. I think if I used a solenoid or just manually switched the intake it might help stabilize it some, but keep it lower.

Before using the scrubber my PH would go from about 7.8 at night, to 8.1 during the day. So the swing is about the same, just bumped it up 0.2. Everythign does seem noticeably happier over the last week and I've noticed an increase in ca and alk usage.

I didn't order the BRS media though. at $50 for 9 pounds its just not economical considering how fast it gets exhausted. I ordered a 40 pound 5 gallon jug of it from shopmedvet.com for $90 which seems like a much better deal. This stuff is produced by the ton overseas, I fail to believe that an anesthesia/rebreather soda lime would be somehow of a noticeable inferior quality to one sold for aquarium purposes

Do you mind sending me a pm with the source where to order in 40lb bulk please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reeferparty is offline   Reply With Quote