View Single Post
Unread 01/06/2018, 01:44 PM   #89
sam.basye
Registered Member

Saf1, that’s pretty neat. I’d definitely be more inclined to make my own if I needed more than one, maybe two, lights over the tank. Seems like a good setup. I enjoy the little electrical work, but some of the stuff makes zero sense. Haha

Flyen, it blows my mind that airplanes have barely changed over the past 60 years. The biggest change is now having glass cockpits, and that is fairly recent. The skyhawk looks the same as it did when they first came out with it. About a month ago I saw an article saying the last 747 would be flown into retirement that puzzled me. I looked it up and couldn’t believe they have been around since the sixties! That was news to me. Lol Put a nice paint job on it and call it new for all I know. Haha

Nice looking wall! What’s it made out of??

I actually bought some of those 10w chips for some sort of fish project. It obviously didn’t work out. Haha They’re definite bright though.

I’m always open to hijacking, thread-wise. Lol I should start throwing 7500 into the thread when someone hijacks! (For those not pilots; it’s aviation lingo - entering 7500 into the transponder if you are being hijacked. It’s a discrete way of declaring an emergency to ATC)

Thanks everyone for the engaging comments. It can derail all it wants as long as we’re all having fun. I enjoy others walls especially, so if you have made a wall, or making one, post up pics! Maybe there’s a concept or idea I can steal for my next build!

Back on track.. I just bought (sent PayPal payment) 2 reeflinks. Lol
Got a sweet deal - $130 shipped for both so I’ll keep one and try selling the other to a local friend for a little $$ to offset the cost of new lights. I tend to buy multiples of things at a lower price and resell the rest. Lol that’s how I buy coral in live sales online. Buy 10+ corals to sell 7 and make enough to pay for it all and get to keep 3 for free. You gotta shell out a little more money at once, but the return is better than only buying what you need/want.
Now I just need the lights! - which I will buy 4 if I can get a good deal on. Haha

Current Tank: 30 Cube build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661418
26g Foam Rockwall build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2457621
Foam Wall
sam.basye is offline   Reply With Quote