View Single Post
Unread 08/18/2011, 05:05 PM   #26
ryanrid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albano View Post
It sounds like you're talking in the 'past' tense...so I guess he's gone? At any rate I got a Royal Gramma over 7 seven years ago, kept him in a 5', 170g tank with about 12 other fish. After a few years, he lost his color and faded out (looked like yours)...when I upgraded to my 450g DT,last year, I moved him and added 2 more smaller grammas...within weeks his color was back...you can see him in the video (previously posted), he is paired with 1 of the new RGs now!
unfortunately he died at xmas, awesome with the pairing! i recently bought a "trio" but one killed off the other in 3rd week of QT so now looks like only have a pair which seem to be getting along so far, moving them to the DT next week.

on a side note these are not so cheap in aus, when i got my first one was $145, now they range from $75 - $100 so a lot of people opt for the cheaper $30 version and get a royal dottyback. WOuld be good to have a compariosn to these fish in a right up to make sure not confusing the terror of the RDB.

ryanrid is offline   Reply With Quote