View Single Post
Unread 10/30/2015, 12:57 AM   #2104
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfee View Post
If anybody hadn't read this yet. Just something I haven't seen before.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2482006

On a different note, changed my rock work today. What do those kitty litter clumps mean, especially since I have Dino's?? Dead sand right?
Which post? Magnesium and high pH didn't work for me. Not sure why magnesium anyway, isn't it the additive in tech=m brand rather than the actual magnesium? I'm dosing potassium nitrate, 5ppm added every 4 days and it is helping a LOT.

I have sand clumps too, but not all the time, and not always in the same area. They don't *seem* to be correlated with bad dinos. I think it's overenthusiastic bacteria. My alk and Ca levels certainly aren't super high. I inherited a conch, and a big ?nassarius snail and they have broken the clumps up except right near the rock.

hth
ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote