View Single Post
Unread 07/31/2017, 11:47 AM   #326
jrhupp
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubbsJRN View Post
Jrhupp, have you used petg yet? If so what are your experiences?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have not tried PETG yet. Mostly I have stuck with ABS. I tried some natural ABS (non-pigmented) for the first time recently and was absolutely amazed at how much stronger the final print seemed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfx View Post
amazing! *subscribed!

wish i had the inclination to do this... limitless!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth wolfe View Post
For your impeller use simplify 3d for your slicing and set your infill to a mesh, in print settings use layering and remove the outer layer and last top layer to leave the mesh , then work with density of the infill.. just my thought on printing a skimmer wheel, I've made my own for jebao pumps, I use a original prusa , and I have large frame mpcnc, converting my prusa to multiple material,.
I will keep this in mind. The idea of mesh wheel was on my mind when I did the original skimmer design. But couldn't justify the effort to model it. Just messing with a "solid" wheel in the slicer never occurred to me. Do have your work posted somewhere to share?

I have been running the pegged impeller design since last November and have been pretty pleased with its performance. There is probably some room for improvement, but it cranks out plenty of nasty foam as is.

I ate a jellyfish... tasted like soy sauce.

Current Tank Info: 180 gallon system in progress
jrhupp is offline   Reply With Quote