View Single Post
Unread 07/31/2010, 01:47 PM   #10
scolley
ARKSC Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolletteiii View Post
I built a DIY array for my 14g nano as well. 6 cree CW's and 5 RB's. I had been running a 150w HQI 20k halide over it. When I put the LED's over it and adjusted them properly, there was very little discernible difference in color...

My new AI modules produce a very white light, and they are perhaps not blue enough for my liking. Color rendition under these is definitely a bit 'flatter' than under the old halide. Certainly not the DIY array, though.
That is exactly the sort of feed back I was looking for though. Thank you.

You've had CWs and RBs over a tank that previously had a 20K MH over it, and you see little color difference. What type of MH bulb was it? And ballast? Maybe that's the issue.

Lot's of people worship the color of Radiums, and I've got to say I'm happy with mine. And while I may need to tweak LED color balance, and may need less tight optics, or to swap in a few warm whites or reds, I can definitely say my current setup of Cree CW's and RB's is not getting it when compared to my Radium augmented with actinics.