View Single Post
Unread 05/12/2010, 09:06 AM   #20
PowermanKW
Registered Member

I talked to Jon about this when we spoke. He explained the product.... but I don't want to speak for him.... there was not any talk of any special carbon mixture or bacteria. I think it is just general talk in the press release and we will have to see for ourselves how it goes. I guess I'm trying to say at this point we should probably not make assumptions.

For instance... I don't have bad PO4 problems, but I do run GFO. I also run Cheato in the fuge but it grows very slowly. Perhaps these EcoBak pellets will suck up enough nitrates to reduce cheato growth further, but I might still have a little more PO4 without GFO. So perhaps I can remove the cheato and then I would have a better balance of N and P reduction through EcoBak that my PO4 is lowered further. You see what I mean?

And then of course what works for me may not for you. So we will just have to see. I am going to start from scratch with EcoBak Gac and no GFO. I'll wait for 3-4 weeks, and see how my tank and fuge are doing, then I will start feeding more and testing along the way. If my PO4 should creep up along the way but stabilize, I might run a batch of GFO to knock it down and see if it stays. Who knows. I would love to stop using GFO... hell that alone would pay for this and then some.. but who knows at this point.

90g RR SPS dominate. WM K2 skimmer /red nw. 60g fuge/sump. Upgraded Coralife Pro 250w w/ dual Galaxy and 14K Phoenix with 2x96 SPS dual actinic. Apex controller with WXM and two MP40s. Herbie overflow. Now running Warner Marine EcoBAK bio pellets.

Last edited by PowermanKW; 05/12/2010 at 09:23 AM.
PowermanKW is offline   Reply With Quote