View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2016, 01:16 PM   #15
kainic
Registered Member

Time for an update of my journal. My tank is no longer a cemetry and this is thanks to Tropic Marin Bacto Balance in my modest opinion.
I've been increasing its dose biweekly and I'm currently dosing 1ml per day. My nitrates are still high (even higher) and my phosphates are still low but everything looks happy enough to be proud of it.
I've done several changes. I've discontinued using aquaforest line except for Kalium.
I've even changed my salt, was using AF Reef salt and now using Red Sea Salt (blue bucket). I had some weird test results for my fresh made saltwater and wanted to try with a different salt.
I've discontinued my Camponents +1+2+3 and put a Korallin c1502 calcium reactor. Easy to set up and simple enough to avoid failures due to complexity.
I've also increased flow in the tank. Added 2x tunze 6040 to my 2 tunze 6095 and 1 tunze 6045. Now there's a lot of flow, but more important, there's a BETTER flow.
My battle against nitrates is not over, I've been defeated in every battle I've fought but the war is not over. I'm still having 3l of siporax in the sump and added biopellets xl in a media mesh. My next step is dosing phosphates using Brightwell Neophos, we'll see if I'm po4 limited.

Some corals are showing nice growth, really nice if you come from a 0 growth state.

Some pictures taken with a galaxy s5:

Acropora florida

Acropora echinata

Some growth shots:

SSC

Red planet

Pavona cactus

It's more than 3 months of growth.

"Every man can be, if he tries, sculptor of his own brain", Santiago Ramón y Cajal
kainic is offline   Reply With Quote