View Single Post
Unread 11/10/2017, 11:55 AM   #1027
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
Thank you

Well I am so delighted that someone else has suffered through frags that just won't blossom. A friend of mine was gracious enough to give me three different frags over time of Reef Raft USA Firecracker. The first two just would not get happy in my tank. Funny enough the third frag seems happy and thriving in my tank. I have a few frags that should be stellar if they ever decide to grow but after many many months are literally dormant still. I did have one dormant frag finally blossom earlier this year which is really cool. It may have been dormant for a year before it decided to thrive and blossom. I am not sure if the frags are just placed in a spot that is not right for them, so although they may not necessarily fade and succumb, they just stagnate.

Here are a couple more pictures under blue leds which has become my favorite for photos for obvious reasons. I am not done enjoying this lighting.

Reef Raft Canada Orange Passion and Reef Raft USA Pink Floyd (One of my rare through the front glass pictures)

Z's Pink Cotton Candy (it came out blurry but I still wanted to share)

Beautiful contrast between the OP and PF. Pretty darn good front glass shot.
Pink Floyd is an example of a coral that I have tried countless times. Every time I add a frag, it sits, then turns brown and then sits some more... I have never, ever had a Pink Floyd thrive in my tank.. I have one more frag sitting in my frag tank that I decided to receive and instead of glueing it in right away, leaving it in the frag tank for a while.. so far so good.. hasn’t gone brown yet. I may put it in the display soon..
Love the pastel shades on the cotton candy

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote