Unread 04/23/2012, 09:29 AM   #95
jtrasap
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpec View Post
<-- crawls under a rock

Sorry -- for some reason I thought it did. Thanks for the heads-up

Rest of my statement stands true.
I agree on pretty much every standpoint of yours on the profilux. I really loved it, you can look at my 90g build thread and see that...BUT...and I know you mentioned the whole price argument thing, unfortunately I had made a fairly substantial investment in a Profilux, extra powerbars, ex upgrade, network card, LED light bars, PH and ORP expansion, I had everything running on GFI's and surge protectors only to have it taken out by a surge through my network cable which took out the main board in the Profilux($200), the network card($195), EX card($275), and a 6 way powerbar($299)! That adds up to almost $1000!! to fix the Profilux, talk about a bad taste in my mouth. I ended up selling the semi-functional Profilux head unit for $40, a 4 socket powerbar for next to nothing, one of the light bars lasted about a year and is sitting hear non-functional, the probes were used so they all hit the trash exept for the temp probe which is still sitting here somewhere, and the 6 socket powerbar got some Tannerite taped to it and is now a hunk of scrap somewhere in my back 40...

I had both the Profilux and Apex running side by side for a while and the Profilux was definitely the better built, easier to program, and just overall more solid performer of the two so I sold the Apex and kept the Profilux.

Now I have a Reef Angel... At $219 for the controller, an 8 socket powerbar, temp probe, PH probe, and two float switches, not to mention so far this thing runs rock solid and expansion is not at all going to break the bank, purchasing the Reef Angel over any other controller on the market was a slam dunk no brainer.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
jtrasap is offline   Reply With Quote