View Single Post
Unread 06/26/2016, 07:01 AM   #3829
Kurt03
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimwassef View Post
Kurt - what are you doing to push them back?
Lots of things common goal seems to be create environment that micro fauna can grow.

I feel I noticed the biggest change once I finally got po4 to detectable levels using hanna ulr checker. Only raised to .03 or so by dosing but to even get readable numbers was a challenge at the time. I would test and dose daily to keep it up, eventually it started to stay. I got the idea because I think what started this was dosing of to much lanthium chloride. I'm guessing micro fauna need some po4 to get going.

So here's a list of what I'm doing that seems to be helping.

Mb7, capful a day in the beginning, less often now.
Maintain po4 readings by dosing in the beginning, over feeding helped but still couldn't get readings
Maintain some no3, my target was 5ppm or so
Feed more, rods, lrs, reef chili, phyto, oyster feast, flake. Whatever I have on hand.
Also added some more fish to eat more food
Turned skimmer off and only ran occasionally to clear surface film etc. I'm now running it more as Dino's are disappearing to help remove them. I need to test no3 and po4
Running carbon in tlf reactor.
I've done 2, 2 day lights out that helped but don't want to push the beat up sps to far.
Added the pod hotel and some sand from established tank.
I also dosed some amino acid to feed the sps as the Dino's were starving them out.

While the tank is looking better it's mostly the unknown Dinos that seem to be disappearing. I'm not sure how much progress I'm making on the osteoporosis.

I feel that my rescue tank is ready to clean these corals up so will move them over today or so. Then I will have a tank left with Dino's and a few mollies in it ready to test metro.

This is exciting about the metro, hopefully we can replicate the results. I have some on order and will be here Monday.

Kurt03 is offline   Reply With Quote