View Single Post
Unread 08/10/2016, 05:29 AM   #2
Dogshowgrl
Registered Member

Star fish should be fine, but do narrow it down so we can really give in put. I decided in a gold and black brittle starfish so he is part of my much needed CUC. Mandarins are fine, but make sure this is an addition much later and you have plenty of pods. Sexy shrimp will be the most expensive meal they eat. Sorry! Lettuce Sea Slug needs a tank they can't get caught in pumps and overflows. If you meet their needs then it should be ok, but I use too much flow to consider a friend like that in my pony tank and he lives in a different tank. I use all kinds of snails. If you have a chiller on the tank, margarita snails are great. If not trocus, Mexican, NASSARIUS (for all the food you put in the system)

I would look at a 40 or larger. The more water the the easier the quality is the maintain. Something with good height. Min 18 inches. Preferably drilled with sump and skimmer and maybe a refugium along with macros in tank if possible.

Almost any soft, photosynthetic coral do well. Leathers, toadstools, mushrooms (nonaggression), gorgonians, Xenia, zoas, GSP, and cloves are all good options. If you do go heavy on leathers and softies please remember to use carbon.

Start looking at nutrient export methods and/or reactors. Not for immediate use but it's nice to know your options when needed.

If that is clear as mud, let me know I will try to clarify. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dogshowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote