View Single Post
Unread 11/08/2017, 03:03 AM   #6
flgoose
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZilla04 View Post
The 90 has two holes at the bottom of the overflow, correct?

Thus one needs to be used as the return. If you use the remaining hole as the drain from the overflow and plumb directly to the skimmer how are you planning on getting water into the sump?

Also a consideration is where are you going to place a skimmer of that size? Under the tank will take up significant space.

Of course it has 2 holes and I plan on using them as intended. the return will go directly to the skimmer. None of the return water will go directly to the sump.

I DIY everything on my 300 including the tank but now I'm older and glass is soo expensive so I decided to go smaller with a stock tank. The stand I built for the 300 is going to be resized for the 90. the stand is plenty tall to accommodate the skimmer. I made the stand out of poplar years a go and it looks like a piece of furniture so its going to be recycled. I'll see if I can find a pic and put in my album. the stand was made to be disassembled so resizing it won't be too bad. Of course I won't have as much room with the smaller footprint but since I'm starting over, I will resize the sump (currently 60 plus gal) for the available space after everything else has its place in the stand. I am in the planning stage with this so when times come, I can rebuild everything at once.

Current Tank Info: Starting over with 90 gal tank
flgoose is offline   Reply With Quote