View Single Post
Unread 01/03/2018, 05:23 PM   #10
zooman72
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueSea View Post
At the recommendation of EcoTech Support, performed a Factory Reset on the controller and re-calibrated. Ran over night at 50%. Time will tell if it happens again. All I can say... Under the circumstances, I don't feel confident running a single return pump at this point in time. Not a bad idea for anyone to run dual return pumps, and what I was planning on running on the main display that is in the works anyhow.
One of the least discussed issues with reef aquarium hobbyist is possibly redundancy (i.e. having equipment back-ups), especially for those with significant investment in their reef aquariums. You see in at public aquariums of course (or could if one went "behind the scenes"), but don't hear/ read much of it in various forums.

I keep back-ups of lights, return pumps, flow pumps, heaters and even aquariums (not feasible for very large displays usually). Having to rely on a single return pump and having issues with it is indeed problematic, but does not necessitate running two pumps, but having two pumps, with one in reserve.

Current Tank Info: Marine: Pair of 40B's, 45W, 50g cube, ADA 45F at home...IM Nuvo 20 and 10 at office!
zooman72 is offline   Reply With Quote