View Single Post
Unread 01/30/2018, 08:35 PM   #1
BClute
Registered Member

H.Mag QT setup w/pics

So today my Mag Nem came in and I have spent all day setting up my qt tank instead of going to work haha. I'm currently using a 5.5 gallon for the QT tank. I the tank I have a HOB filter with a 50 watt heater and two air stones. I also have a very small wave maker like PH but I think it might be over kill to turn it on , at least at this point in the game. I'm
Also using a 10 gallon tank to mix fresh saltwater every night or 24 hours in advance. Temp is being kept at 79/80 degrees and SG at 1.024.

In reality I honestly don't know if the nem needs the Cipro treatment. It arrived deflated (of course) and the mouth was open exposing its stringy noodle looking insides, but it seems it has since closed up a good bit. That being said, I'm still going to run the treatment just bc of stories I read of a Mag looking good upon arrival and then a day or 2 later sh*t hits the fan.

I put the Mag in the qt tank around 1:00 today and plan on doing my first dose of 175mg Cipro at 10pm tonight when I shut off the lights and go to bed. Then lights will be off for 12 hours when I will then turn the lights back on at 10am. I will complete a WC when I get home from work around 8:00pm and then dose again at 10pm after lights are off which will be 9pm.

As far as lighting goes I have a new set of 40watt LEDs running but I have them on the lowest setting possible as these things are bright and don't want to fry the nem. I will turn it up maybe 4 out of 10 (each color has a intensity setting of 1-10), and then continue to up it each day.

I plan on doing this routine for at least 5 days.

Please if anyone had some words of advice please please chime in as this is my first attempt.

Here are some pics of the qt tank and Nem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BClute is offline   Reply With Quote