View Single Post
Unread 08/28/2009, 12:40 PM   #1
WaterKeeper
Bogus Information Expert

Newbie Corner Feedback-Reefkeeping 101

Alright, already save the bellyaching for your Mama! It appears some of you crybabies miss your security blanket--the Old Newbie Corner Feedback Thread. "Well", I said, "ain't that too darn Bad!" However, with Reefkeeping Magazine now back I guess we can have a new thread for you whinnying Newbies.

For those of you new to Reef Central, I'm Waterkeeper and I'm glad you have located our board. I'm sort of the drill instructor for Newbies and have written so many threads or articles that I have worn out about a dozen computer keyboards. For those of you that are old timers and just like to hang around this forum-Get a life.

Anyway, each month Reefkeeping Magazine has an article in what we call the-

In these articles we try to give the neophyte pointers on how to start out in this exciting hobby. I wrote most of the original articles but, thank goodness, we now have several new authors to provide insight into the fundamentals of a marine reef tank.

This month we have Nate Enders writing about The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies and for September Paul Whitby will be talking about pests- like Newbi...I mean aiptasia.

Feel free to post any questions you have on the monthly article in this thread and, as I learned from the past thread, just about any question your feeble Newbie mind can conjure up.

If you have ideas for an article please let us know and we will try (usually not very hard) to come up with an article on that topic.

Here are the articles to date
Water
Tank Selection
Lighting
Sumps
Completing The Set-up
Natural Filtration I
Natural Filtration II
Natural Filtration III
Various Nutrient Control Methods
Adding Some Science to Your Tank, Part 1
Adding Some Science to Your Tank, Part 2
Let's Fatten Them Up!
Bogus Information
The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies
Pests, Parasites and Things That Go Munch in the Night, Part 1

Ok, Ok, stop shuffling aimlessly about. We'll have more good poop for you next month. Fall-out!

Tom

Current Tank Info: 130 Now out of service and a 29

Last edited by WaterKeeper; 09/05/2009 at 08:29 AM.
WaterKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote