View Single Post
Unread 09/05/2017, 06:44 AM   #14
karimwassef
Registered Member

I'm running a large surge and counter surge system that hasn't been done before.

The tank is 1600 gals with a subterranean section that's 500gal. So the reef is 1100 gals and each surge is 180 gals. So - one event will release the surge on one end and then a counter surge of equal size on the other end ~ 28' away around the U.

A counter surge is when the DT acts as tube surge container and releases the volume into another.

This entire event will take 5 seconds since the openings are 4' x 1'. The intent is for this to repeat every 15 seconds. This is peak mode.

The intent in creating this flow is to create a current loop without substantial loss / either to the overflow, floor or in wasted wave energy. I wanted it to be as directionally uniform as possible. The target flow rate everywhere is to hit a peak of 4in/s and then alternate directions.

My fear is that the positive and negative water waves will take too long to equilibrate and a lot of water energy will be wasted or lost as surface waves instead of a circulating current..

I can adjusting timing/flow.., or make changes to he model to fix this.

Failure isn't an option It's a requirement. 660g 380inwall+280smp/surge S/L/Soft/Maxima/RBTA/Clown/Chromis/Anthias/Tang/Mandarin/Jawfish/Goby/Wrasse/D'back. DIY 12' Skimmer ActuatedSurge ConcreteScape
karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote