View Single Post
Unread 02/08/2018, 12:39 PM   #98
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Oh yea, I am fully aware of the phosphate relationship in a reef tank. My hope is it hasn't bound to that concentration yet. I'm more interested in a large water change for overall water quality. The tank has had water in it for a long time without many water changes. The first fish additions are going to be a mated pair of crosshatches and my queen angel. I want the best water I can get for them and while not in a hurry they are starting to get ****ed off at their home. The crosshatches have been in a 50gal QT for over 6 months due to disease issues in the display. I have a real hard time balancing nutrients in their tank and getting them proper food.

I have a really snazzy LaCl reactor that will pull phosphate out easily if it comes to that. I'm not really sure how much of this phosphate is still associated with the CP though so I won't be focused on the phosphate until I do the change and run carbon/gfo for a few days. Once I see where I am then I will think more seriously about it. Right now I am more curious then anything how a water change handles the phosphate in this scenario given I was at .03ppm po4 30 days ago. That and water quality.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote