View Single Post
Unread 05/05/2012, 02:30 PM   #39
Stolireef
Registered Member

Randy:

I was wondering and thinking about your food/nutrients comment. It has been my impression that feeding is the primary method of nutrient import and thus, the less you feed, the lower the nutrients (all other things being properly maintained). I also thought that when fish consume all of the food, they break it down into a simpler form thus making it easier for the bacteria in the tank to run the nutrients through the nitrogen cycle. Uneaten food is still consumed by the bacteria but it takes longer and requires a more robust bacterial population. I assume I'm missing something and follow your suggestions very closely (although I haven't had the guts to start dosing Vodka and very little makes it past my personal consumption).

I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Current Tank Info: 125 Rimless Leemar, Apex, Trigger 30 Elite Sump, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 X Gen4 Radion XR30W, BM Doser, 2xMP40WES, 2xTunze 6095, Sicce Syncra 4.0.
Stolireef is offline   Reply With Quote