Thread: torn between...
View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2012, 02:22 PM   #8
javimarino
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a 6' 125. I got it because I wanted tangs. I wish I wouldve gone with a 150/180 because of the depth.

The 125 is so skinny it becomes difficult to aquascape. If i could do it again I wouldve gone 120 or 150.

Quote:
DO you like depth(front to back) or width? The 120 is goinig to let you do some real interesting things with the aquascaping since it will be so deep and give you really cool views from all three sides. The 125 is going to give you one long viewing area, with a more limited side views. If I had the space I would go with the 6 footer as I like to see the fish swim
Quote:
You want to go with a tank with more depth. More room to awuascape. More room for fish to swim indifferent directions, not just back and forth.
Well, thats something I like of the 40 breeder, the width. definitely something to consider.

Quote:
first thing that came to mind when I upgraded from my 75 gallon was budget. The bigger the tank the more $$$ to fill it. Not only $$$ for fish and corals but equipment to. Bigger skimmers, more lights, bigger sump/pumps. water changes. you get the point.
yes, you are rig th. but beside the lamp, in witch the 6' should be more expensive, I don't thinks there should be a big difference between the two, in terms of $$$ expense.

Quote:
What fish do you want to keep in the tank? triggers/blue tangs, those will be happier in the 6' tank. the space its going in? Does the 6' over power the room? or does it look right? I personally went for the 120 gallon because of my space, and I really loved the depth (2') over length.
I think I'm more into aquascaping and coral, than maintaining a specific type of fish

[QUOTE][What ever you choose I'm sure you will be Very Very happy with it. Good luck

/QUOTE] I really hope so!

javimarino is offline   Reply With Quote