Thread: Fish Won't Eat
View Single Post
Unread 03/03/2018, 02:08 PM   #2
billdogg
Registered Member

I can think of a few things, with stress being a big issue. You've put 3 dwarf angels (well, 2 dwarfs and a pygmy) into a barely cycled tank that really isn't big enough for one of them, much less all three. Liveaquaria suggests a minimum tank size of 70g for the dwarfs and 55 for the pygmy. If you take a look at their compatibility chart (that I've found to be fairly accurate) it says they can be housed with con-specifics with caution. I wouldn't try two in my 120, much less all 3 in a 40.

How is your water testing with them in there? That, too, can be a problem especially with such a new tank. The denitrifying bacteria are very probably having trouble keeping up. In time they will be able to handle a comparable bioload, but right from the start you are asking a lot.

Another factor is that Rustys tend to be difficult to acclimate and at least IME, have a dismal survival rate. The Coral Beauty and Flameback tend to do much better.

You can try some spirolina enriched brine shrimp - soak them in some selcon as well. I have had great success over the years with the various sizes of New Life Spectrum pellets as well.

jm.02

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef with 40b sump, RO 150 skimmer, AI Sol Blue x 2, and a 60g Frag Tank with 100g rubbermaid sump. 2 x Kessil A360w lights, BM curve 5 skimmer
billdogg is offline   Reply With Quote