View Single Post
Unread 01/14/2015, 09:01 AM   #634
PorkchopExpress
Registered Member

Yes I understand that it won't hurt bacteria present on or in the coral but what if you somehow manage to kill the useful bacteria present on the outside of the coral? Dosing peroxide can certainly do that and dipping as well. This makes it harder for new bacteria to attach and grow on the coral if they can no longer free float to the coral. It has to come from somewhere, i.e. the rocks and other corals closeby but it sure makes it harder.

If we are indeed dino free at this point, I'm not too sure what the benefits are of keeping my huge UV pond sterilizer online. A smaller one might be better just for something such as maintenance to keep algae in check and not something as big as what I have as mine might be doing more harm now than good with respect to the ecosystem. Just food for thought and a topic worth thinking about. I'm still reluctant to go offline as my reef is once again thriving right now and things look good. But then again, anything looks better than what my reef looked like covered in dinos... ;P

PorkchopExpress is offline   Reply With Quote