Thread: Then and NOW
View Single Post
Unread 11/14/2017, 01:36 PM   #60
Subsea
Registered Member

It takes me very little time to maintain a natural system. I have gone several years without a water change. I have gone a month without even wiping the glass. However, it takes good planning at the beginning. After 25 years I have had a chance to work out the bugs. For any display tank to shine above others requires work on the part of the hobbiest. I am a Gardner tending his crop. Of course, I weed when I have to. However, instead of weeding why not get janitors that feed the tank with live food. I like bristle worms, ceriths, micro stars in the substrate. Each one of these janitors is recycling detritus into organic biomass in the form of larvae as a live food. Janitors population rises and falls with food supply automatically with me doing nothing. Inorganic nutrients are floating around in water column to be turned into glucose, which is a carbon source. Carbon dioxide as an inorganic molecule is converted into an organic molecule during photosynthesis. This is carbon fixation with an unending source in the athmosphere. Again this is done automatically with me doing nothing but supplying light and co2.

Where is all the work?

Current Tank Info: 10,000G. Greenhouse Macro Growout

Last edited by Subsea; 11/15/2017 at 11:02 AM.
Subsea is offline   Reply With Quote