View Single Post
Unread 10/05/2014, 05:36 AM   #20
Pacific Sun RD
Przemek Cybulski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsReef View Post
Are these not MacBook compatible? I have a MacBook and cannot find a way to run my "intelligent" doser. Any and all help would be very useful. Thanks.
Actually we work on Mac based ap(via Bluetooth) but we spotted some technical problems(iOS/Mac OS X environment not fully support some Bluetooth protocols) so parallel we started work on Cube bridge(BlueTooth<>Wifi bridge). Changing communication protocols to TCP/IP layer give us not comparable possibilities and our all devices ccould be enabled by Cube - lamps (T5 like Diuna), dosers, hybrids etc.
This device will be released in this year, price TBA.
You can also run app using parallel or bootcamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy4 View Post
Thanks for the showing the graphs it looks real easy to setup the doser, not IT savvy here, so even basic program language is a challenge.
Yes, it's really quite easy, we tried write everything simpliest as it was possible - but even if you have questions or need technical support - we doing that without additional delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillrodrigo View Post
The second I saw this I wanted it. I'm shocked people don't have them.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul-7 View Post
This is better than GHL's offering. I like the software and the price [given you're buying 5].

However, I which they'd offer cheaper models. I have no need/use for 5 pumps.
It's not a accident that we offered 5 pump units. As we do some research before many aquarists very offen use 5 different liquids:
- calcium liquid
- buffor liquid
and the rest - very popular here are three bottles sets like Grotech ABC or FaunaMarine(3 liquid solution) or many others.
Our doser can control additional slave unit(which will be released in this year also) but I think that 5 pumps is many time exact that what aquarist need.
About pricing - it difficult for me to talk about that (GHL is good and realiable company) because I dont know what exact will be included in other manufacturers set but if you will take a look that our package include(in price):
- full set of tubings(3 different models - precise flow, fast flow, Pharmed BPT)
- DC pump for ATO (it utilise controlable DC pump with adjustable speed - by software)
- two float level sensors and additional optical sensor
- digital temperature sensor
- holders for tubings, for sensors, calibration stuff
- AWC (automatic water change program) - which can control two dosing pumps or external DC pumps(if you need 5 dosing pumps). If you have 4 channel doser and you need use it as AWC - only two pumps left..
- DropDose ready(our single drops dispensers - perfect for Zeovit users) or Kore Stirrer ready (5 channel stirrer)
this price is ok(I think so).
So - there is many additional items included in price of Kore5th. Again - Iset
Of course - you can buy base unit only(Kore5th + tubings + acrylic holder) for about 390,00USD) and it will have full functionality expected from semi-pro dosing station.
Additionally - 2 years of full warranty and many add-ons could be also read as additional value :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudimenta View Post
Add stepper motor options and apex interfacing and no competition left...
I have to tell you that is was our SPECIAL goal not using stepper motors. Almost year ago we built version of Kore 5th with stepper motors(like on picture below) but we decided to use best quality DC motors(with adjustable speed) because they are giving us better possibilities of control.
What is the difference?
- step motors DON'T have adjustable speed. You can increase or decrease pause between steps but it NOT changing speed of this step. So -"adjustable speed step motors" are in fact normal step motors with adjustable pause between steps
- there is one major aspect how step motors works. They have defined step number to full 360 degree rotate. One full rotation of rollers on tubings give you a lot of liquid(depending from tube size)
Many of popular step morots have 43 or 60 steps(for example). So - MINIMUM rotation for 43 steps motor os about 8 degree. You can't rotate (dose) less - you can dose more - but it will be twice more than lowest amount.
So this technical properties of step motors is like limitation for very precise dosing.
Our motors are controlled in ms(miliseconds). We can run motor for even 2ms. If you will watch below video you will see how this control looks in real - in single 1ms step we are able to grow single drop in DropDose dispencer.
We can adjust/set how long and with what speed our dosing pump motors have to work to dose single drop (because our motors are also speed adjustable - REAL adjustment of rotation speed).
https://vimeo.com/104308592
You can set it for any value and precisly adjust to - for example - liquid density. As you can see on this movie - we can do 5 steps(divided by sound in background) when single drop grow. Smallest dosing amount is 0.01ml - can any other offer that?
We know how the same task look on step motors (we tested it - and we are really very courious which "resolution" other devices will offer. Probably - some of them left 0.1ml as minimum dose.
With stepper motor you can't do it - you have minimum step - and everything more is like multiplication of this smallest step.
So if anybody ask us about step motor version - we always repeat that we will not offer version with stepper motor.
There is no any serious reason for doing that.

Again - if you have two years warranty for product you are covered for this time and even when warranty expire - service parts(like DC motors etc) are less expensive than for step motors.
I'm looking into this also as aquarist with 14 years experience - I'm using Kore 5th Pro with my tank and I can do some items not possible before.
My Kore 5th keep my ATO working, watch my tank temp and do AWC(5% weekly from 660 liters tank - about 30 liters).
What can I expect more ? ;-)

Pacific Sun RD is offline   Reply With Quote