View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2008, 11:24 PM   #16
rampantmarine
Registered Member

Today I picked up my CBB from my LFS today. The shipment came in last night and I let him rest overnight before taking it home this afternoon. He was in a tank with other fish that would have eaten any food if I tried to feed him in the store. In selecting the ones in the store all were in equal shape but this one was the most active, all were in very plump shape. I took it home and offered some food, but wasn't interested, left the lights off most of the day to give him some rest. The store owner made me aware that his SG ran lower after adding so many fish, and to make sure to acclimate slowly. He was drip acclimated for 60 to 90 mins before being moved to the QT.

I turned on the lights later and again offered a bit of food, passed again at that time. He is still very shy but after a few hours was out exploring the QT tank. I have some LR with Aptasia and feather dusters as well as PVC pipes in it. He is very active and poking around in one side of the tank, and swimming thru the PVC T pipe but stops before moving in to the open water.

I will try again tomorrow after he has a chance to rest and wake up. I have Mysis, Brine, bloodworms, and mega marine (all Hikari). I will soak in Selcon, and try Garlic. If no luck by Monday I will go shopping for live clams, etc.

Once he is eating well and eagerly and shows no signs of illness I will move him to the display.

I plan to test the QT daily for water parameters and have always fought ammonia in the past, I have Kordon's Amquel that will help deal with that. There is a skimmer on my QT.

Wish me luck, I will post pic tomorrow, too busy watching to take a picture

rampantmarine is offline   Reply With Quote