Thread: 300 DD Build
View Single Post
Unread 01/08/2018, 08:59 AM   #40
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
Have you used prazipro on them yet? If not, I would do it. And feed food soaked in Kanaplex or metronidazole to eliminate other parasites. Quick and easy cures.

Might also try to give them nori multiple times per day. Basically as much as they'll eat. They will fatten up quickly and this will also boost their immune system.

What LEDs are you using? I've got the same tank and need to up the coverage a bit. I've got a pair of t5s just as you do but the LEDs are not big as the ones you've got.
When i first got them i let them settle for a few days then did 2 rounds of prazi and was feeding metro soaked food while doing this. Now they're on the 20th day of cupramine and im dealing with whatever this. I dosed another round of prazi last night as a last effort just so i can hopefully avoid using clout. I feed 3"x5" of nori every morning and its usually gone in 2 hours and i stuff them full with a bunch of other stuff the rest of the day haha.

The leds are cheap Mars Hydro 165w leds. Theyre only $100 and they grow coral great and i get good color out of them too. They don't look the best by themselves imo so you're definitely going to want the t5s still. They're very directional too. They pretty much only light up what is directly under the light. Anything 3 inches in any direction out from the light is not getting much light hence why i got the t5s. No regrets though, theyre a hell of a lot cheaper than other leds and look great with the t5s.

Reefer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote