View Single Post
Unread 10/18/2017, 10:08 PM   #1
offtropic
Registered Member

Stocking advice requested for new RS Max Nano build

Hey there all - new to both reefing and the community. There is so much information here that I feel like I'm drinking through a firehose so I'm hoping for some direction.

I am currently cycling a Red Sea Max Nano tank (20g) and it looks like it is almost completed that cycling. It has about 24lbs of live rock (yes, it takes up a lot of the tank!) and, in true new-reefer fashion, I am looking for a stocking plan that involves a pair of clownfish. I already plan to have a mix of SPS and LPS (I've upgraded with a powerhead) and will also have a minimal clean-up crew with a few snails and crabs (maybe one shrimp) once I have a fish or two in the tank.

Given the tank size and minimal clean up crew, am I going to be OK with a pair of clownfish? As I know they can be be tank a-holes what fish would people recommend and what other fish might I consider including in addition to them that doesn't overload the system or stress out the fish? Is there an order I should introduce the fish into the aquarium?

Any help or advice/suggestions would be massively appreciated. I like my LFS but think I can get more informed and less biased opinions here. Also, there is a good chance I'll be adding a much larger tank to my house in the future but there is no guarantee of that.

I'll try to post some pictures of how it progresses. Right now it is just empty with rock .

offtropic is offline   Reply With Quote