View Single Post
Unread 07/19/2015, 06:19 AM   #21
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

NiTrOx911, are you looking for great corals like the big reef, or shallows that are easy to get to, like off a beach and where you can play 'rock turner'? Or both?

BTW, to anybody who is interested in the rock turning. I only turn over smaller ones and then I'm carful to turn them back and try not to injure any critters. certian animals like being on the sunny side of a rock and others only like the dark side of the rock. And this is especially try of sponges which are made up of thousands of live animals in a big (or small) colony. When it come to bigger rocks, I just pick up one end and then try to set it back down the way I found it and do it as gently as possible. Also, dive gloves are a good idea as many rocks have sharp edges or critters with sharp edges and even some that animals that can hurt you, fire worms, mantis shrimp, bigger crabs, heck, even moray eels! (see the 4th photo in the very first post).