View Single Post
Unread 08/15/2015, 03:35 PM   #118
Blue spot
Registered Member

New computer . Hooraahh! I'll post some pics tomorrow if I get chance. This week I can absolutely 100% recommend lettuice slugs for byropsis , the change is now dramatic not completely gone yet but nearly and in 3 weeks. I found it useful that if you find a slug roaming around , I pop it on a piece of byropsis and it usually stays their till its gone. If you have bryropsis, get a lettuice slug or 2 .
Right next plague which I am definetly loosing is bubble algae. I cannot event dent the spread, again it's gone past picking off , and it's in places I can't get to , any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thought about an arrow head crab , but read mixed reports on these eating other things in the tank, die also need one that's about 6 stone to get through the bubble algae I have a present.
Next thing is I my gold flake has one eye bulging and cloudy. Don't know if it's been damaged or if it has an infection, for now I am going to leave it and see if nature sorts it out. I have tried the intervention approach before and it's never worked out very well so I'm just going to concentrate on making my water as good as it can be and hope it clears up.thats the gloom over , everything else is doing well. No coral death , sps seams to be going well and improving in colour. Pleased about this as I've stated never tried to keep it before. All other fish are doing well and now that everything is used to the food I put in , I'm cutting back on my feeding a little to get my nitrates where I want them, also with regard to this the bio pellets seam to have kicked in and my levels are dropping from 10. I'm also hoping this might help with the bubble algae ! Still not dosing yet, everything manual currently , but I'm thinking of buying a dos next weekend. Whilst I am sat here righting Bert ( blue spot) has just put his rock over his burrow so it must be bed time. You can set your clock by him. Up at 7 bed at 10:30.

Blue spot is offline   Reply With Quote