Thread: petco
View Single Post
Unread 02/28/2012, 10:20 PM   #234
Fishfirst
Registered Member

SPS Samuri - so a fish in the wild that has a .1% chance of survival to maturity isn't the same thing as the 1% that lives for 10 years in aquariums? Its rediculous to think that a fish that has to scrounge a living on the reef being terrified of being eaten by the next big fish to come around the coral head their hiding in. In a proper environment in a tank a fish gets its food handed to it, and doesn't have to worry about something eating it. In my mind you are comparing apples to apples, whether its in the ocean or a tank.

We aren't expecting petcos to be perfect... rather just get out of the hobby because of the long history of malpractice in the hobby, or a complete renovation of their policies and procedures. I mean when a small store like the one I worked at gets 12 lunare wrasse in, how in the hell am I going to sell 12 lunare wrasse? about 1% of customers can actually house a large wrasse like that but I'm supposed to find homes for 12! These were not "ordered" by the store, rather, it was FORCED by corporate for these fish to be there.

Current Tank Info: Over 40,000 gallons of saltwater
Fishfirst is offline   Reply With Quote