Thread: petco
View Single Post
Unread 02/29/2012, 09:59 AM   #236
PlatinumPercula
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfirst View Post
Are you kidding me??? This statement is a joke... corporate policies are the one thing that is HOLDING the good employees back! 20% loss is NOT acceptible, especially when the most difficult fish you bring in is a tang. At the store i work at now I bring in teirra batfish, orange spot filefish, multifasciatus angelfish, genicanthus angels, red head wrasse (and other difficult halichores), leopard wrasse, moorish idols, pipefish, etc from time to time and I don't have 20% loss. I work with the same vendors as I did when I worked at petco... I have a quarter of the problems because I have full control of medicating and conditioning the fish what I order and when I order.
The use of copper at petco is strictly forbidden according to my animal coordinator because "copper kills"... and the use of anything aside from freshwater dips I was written up for. So either I misread AND was misinformed by the higher ups on the policy or what you are doing is completely against corporate policy.
First of all I am not "Kidding you". Secondly, you are mistaken because we can bring in animals such as Seahorses, Copperbanded Butterflies, Mandarin (both wild and ORA Aquacultured), Hynophora sps, different gorgonians, as well as many other more challenging animals so I think many would agree more than one item on that list is not an "easy care level" animal.

Being able to only freshwater dip is garbage. If medications weren't allowed or were prohibited to be used they would not be available for "store use". If it's available for store use it is allowed to be used in the store...

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But as it has been pointed out over and over, PetCos are both good and bad, so are private stores--just depends on your area.

PlatinumPercula is offline   Reply With Quote