View Single Post
Unread 12/07/2015, 04:29 PM   #118
vhuang168
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
When setting up if you are using laptop Bluetooth make sure laptop is in same room as doser. I did have communication issues when upgrading firmware when in a different room.

"Pacific Sun has some strict requirement on the kind of bluetooth adapter to get." Yea that really stinks, it is not a cheap doser not really wanting to buy more equipment even though the price on that item isn't that much..
The adapter is you linked is 4.0 bluetooth,is similar to my laptop Bluetooth. I'll have to look into the details of each. I am curious to find out how much different those specs are to the laptop specs.

In my case I believe the communication portion is set, I just see a few oddities, the one fellow mentions that he has no issues whatsoever that has not been my experience. The items are not "show stoppers" rather quirks and some small items not displaying correctly. With that said, I am happy with the doser...
So you can connect to your doser from another room? Do you have ver 1 or 2? I have an external bluetooth adapter (trendnet class 1) and I have to have the laptop under 3 feet from the doser or it won't connect. The doser is sitting out in the open so its not being blocked by the cabinet but if you can connect from another room, being in a cabinet shouldn't be an issue anyway.

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote