View Single Post
Unread 07/05/2017, 04:07 PM   #68
nightOwl
Premium Member

General Updates

06/27/2017 -Equipment Inventory
I started to pull out some of the stuff I had purchased for the new tank even though I am a ways away from putting water in the main display. I snapped a quick picture to see what I had and I still need a lot of stuff . I need to order my skimmer sometime this week and I will be going with the Simplicity 800DC. I have talked to a few people and the skimmer gets pretty good reviews. I have also talked to the people over a Simplicity and they have been really nice and helpful each time I have spoken with them. I am currently using their 2100 DC pump on my "temp" (going on two years now) set up I have.

I still need the following:
Sump - Ordered
ATO Container for Main Display - Ordered
ATO Container for Frag Tank - Ordered
Skimmer - Need to Order
Ball Valves - Researching Cepex
Dry Pukani Rock - BRS is currently out of the 18" plus pieces
Once I get the items above I think I can make some progress with the main display

A Few of the Items I Already Have
IMG_9459 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

1" Sea Swirls
IMG_9461 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr
07/02/2017 - Back Table Updates

I finished my trim work on the back table. All my edges have a outside corner trim on them now that is PVC. I also added a PVC backslash wall on the back table. I had some 3/4" PVC from the sheets used to make the top of stand and the the bottom piece. I did a test fit then caulked everything in place. I did a test fit of my sump for the frag tank and looks like things are coming together.

Legs Without the Trim
IMG_9439 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Back Table Without Back Splash
IMG_9458 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

PVC Back Splash
IMG_9463 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr
07/03/2017 - Cabinet Updates

I finally mounted my cabinet that I had built and only have a few minor things to finish. The shelves have to be primed and painted, fill in nail holes, and cut holes for the sliding doors, but its pretty much done. I made a jig and drilled some holes so I can have adjustable shelves. Overall dimensions of the cabinet are 36" x 21" x 12.5". Its rock solid and hung on the wall with two heavy duty anchors that can hold 238 lbs a piece. Its also screwed with two 4 inch screws in one of the studs. I also replaced my temp cords to the right of the cabinet with the real ones I will be using.

Holes Drilled for Adjustable Shelves
IMG_9465 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Mounted in Place
IMG_9466 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Final Touches Still Need to be Done
IMG_9469 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr