View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2010, 09:42 PM   #19
xcelprintingcom
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrubble View Post
Jon , What are you mixing with the portland cement ? I used White Portland , sand , shells , and fine rock salt . I got the idea to do my faux rock wall from sunkool . I saw his tank , and thought no more cleaning the back wall , great . He also told me how he made his mixture . If you let the cement air cure for 21 days you won't need to cure it in water for so long . Ted
Because it's styrofoam and it breaks up tiny particles very easily even while brushing the cement on, I'm just doing cement by itself.

I just now finished cutting and trimming all the pieces to fit inside the tank, and going to start applying the cemnt....only one problem, the cement which I bought as white portland cement which is what I used to make my DIY rock, I mixed some in a red Solo cup with water to a milkshake consistency and applied some over an hour ago to a small area, and its still pasty with a very light hue of green, not white as I recall it. I remember when I did my DIY rock it dried white and any tools that were left dirty dried rather quickly, now I'm baffled.

xcelprintingcom is offline   Reply With Quote