View Single Post
Unread 09/19/2018, 12:36 AM   #17
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Music View Post
Sorry you are having tank troubles. I am fascinated by the work you are doing to figure this out. I presume the crypto is a resistant form and is protected during a prolonged tomont ( is that the right name?) stage. Do you have any pharmacist friends? I think one could offer a different perspective. As a nurse I have a different idea to throw out there. Calcium causes malabsorption of many antibiotics by binding/ blocking with the medications active ingredients. an example would be bactrim. You should not eat or drink anything with a lot of calcium for up to two hours before or after taking the medication. lots and lots of calcium in a salt water tank. lol. or perhaps the calcium in LR interacts differently than the calcium in solution. Although no longer allowed to be prescribed for muscle cramps, CP is effective for muscle cramps too. muscles use calcium and other electrolytes to communicate to cause muscle contraction. I keep thinking there is something in this relationship, but I am not sure. I think Randy might also have some insight here.
Thanks for your input! I do plan on running a series of tests in the future to determine if calcium does exactly that.

I have a good friend who owns a compounding pharmacy but it would be unethical to ask him to slip me some of this in an unmarked envelope. I won't even approach the subject with him. I'm headed to the vet tomorrow with both of my pups and will talk to the vet at length about this.

I did purchase a Kilogram of CP from Fishman. I will say they are great to work with. I tested it against my Ebay supply which was dwindling. The Fishman tested out at 4.6% stronger than the Ebay supply. The Fishman CP did have a finer texture, was more hygroscopic, and was easier to become airborn than the Ebay version. From what I remember, the last time I purchased 50grams of CP from a compounding pharmacy, it behaved in a similar manner as the Fishman does.

If I could get a known pure sample I would be able to go further but until then...

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote